• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 28, 2016

    Chris Evans to face no charges over sexual assault claims

    TV and radio presenter Chris Evans will face no further action concerning historic allegations of sexual assault, the Metropolitan Police says.
    TV and radio presenter Chris Evans will face no further action concerning historic allegations of sexual assault, the Metropolitan Police says.

    The ex-Top Gear host was interviewed by officers concerning an allegation of sexual assault made against him, in London's Tower Hamlets in the 1990s.

    Police say the allegation was made by a woman in May this year, but there is "insufficient evidence to proceed".
    A press spokesman for Mr Evans confirmed the case had been dropped.
    The Met said the matter had been investigated by officers from the force's sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command.

    The force said a man in his 50s had been interviewed under caution at an east London police building earlier.

    A spokesman for Mr Evans added: "The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that the complaint has been investigated, but it fails to meet the evidential test to warrant any further action. Case is dropped."

    Earlier this month Mr Evans announced he was to leave his role as a presenter on BBC Two's Top Gear after one series, saying he had given it "my best shot but sometimes that's not enough".

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    share your thoughts with us

    CONTACT US

    Get in Touch

    Feel free to drop us a line to contact us

    Follow by Email

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Travel

    Travel for Free!